24/7 Access to Crisis Services
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
Proudly Serving the Communities of Hampton and Newport News since 1971
As Executive Director of the Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board, I am pleased to welcome you to our website and encourage you to visit often to receive information on our services. As we transitioned into a new operating environment, under new leadership, Fiscal Year 2016 was a year of stability and growth. Last year marked the 45th year of the Hampton Newport News Community Services Board’s existence. In those 45 years, this CSB has grown from an agency of a few mandated services to an agency with over 80 programs, a 70 million dollar budget, and over 900 employees who served close to 15,000 individuals last year, 4,000 of whom were uninsured.
We’d like to thank the localities of Hampton and Newport News for their ongoing support, investment and partnership. Our Board of Directors seeks to fully engage and serve our two cities to the fullest extent. I also want to thank our Board of Directors, staff, and leadership team for never losing sight of our ultimate mission and purpose for existing which is to SERVE individuals and families impacted by Behavioral Health, Substance use and Intellectual Disabilities.
As you peruse the pages of this website, please know that our Board of Directors and staff are united in purpose to deliver the very best behavioral healthcare services to the citizens of the two communities we serve.
Natale Ward Christian, MA, LPC
• Natale Ward Christian, Executive Director
• Baltej Gill, M.D., Senior Medical Director
• Denise Newlon, Chief Financial Officer
• Sherry Hunt, Communications & Business Development Director
• Ryan Dudley, Crisis Services Director
• Kimberly Thompson, Human Resources Director
• Lisa Hogge, Youth & Family Services Director
• Robert (Bob) Deisch, Adult Care Coordination Director
• Anthony Crisp, Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services Director
• Anne Whitaker, Adult Outpatient Services Director
• Carol McCarthy, Developmental Services Director
• Raymona Barnes, Financial Services Controller
• Charles McGee, Information Technology Director
• Melanie Bond, Psy.D., Quality Management & Corporate Compliance Director